Please read these Terms of Service carefully before subscribing to Cora Music or in any way accessing the music offered within the Cora Music service.
- You agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions set forth below and in any modified or additional terms that Cora Music publishes as its terms of service on its official web site coramusic.com. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions in the Terms of Service, do not subscribe to Cora Music’s offer and do not use the music in Cora Music’s offer in your videos.
- Cora Music may change these Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of changes. Your use of the Cora Music service will be subject to the current Terms of Service, defined as the Terms of Service published at Cora Music’s web site at the time you make videos including music from Cora Music’s service publicly available for viewing.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service you may access the Cora Music service. Cora Music may replace or remove any recording from the Cora Music service at any time, for any reason, in Cora Music’s sole discretion. Cora Music offers the service on an “as is” basis.
- All content in the Cora Music service, including but not limited to recordings, images and related metadata, are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Any unauthorized use violates such laws and this Terms of Service. Except as expressly described in these Terms of Service or in a separate license agreement between you and Cora Music, Cora Music does not grant any express or implied permission to use the content in the Cora Music service. Further, you agree not to use any data mining, robots or similar data and/or image gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Cora Music service.
- Cora Music will store personal data and will collect information related to your use of the service in order to operate the service and to calculate royalties payable to third parties, conforming with applicable laws in Sweden and the EU/EAS.
License and subscription
- Upon purchase of subscription and subject to fulfillment of these Terms of Service, you are granted a non-exclusive license to download musical recordings included in the Cora Music service and to use them for synchronizing them in videos with the intent of uploading the videos to Youtube and making videos publicly available. The upload must be made available within two weeks after the initial download. If you want to use the same song after more than two weeks after the initial download, please download it again.
- The license is non-exclusive. All recordings offered in the Cora Music service are offered to all subscribers on equal terms, and your use of a particular recording does not in any way limit other subscribers use of the same recording.
- The subscription is valid for one Youtube channel, as defined by Youtube as all videos uploaded under the same Youtube user ID. The license given under the subscription is not transferrable to any other Youtube channel or person.
- A valid subscription is needed for accessing the recordings available in Cora Music’s service. Cora Music’s license never covers use of recordings obtained from other sources.
- A valid subscription is needed for making a video including music from the Cora Music service public on Youtube, with “public on Youtube” being defined as from time to time defined by Youtube.
- The license is valid in perpetuity if the video where the Cora Music recording has been used is made public on Youtube on a channel with a valid subscription.
- The subscription is valid for a 30-day period starting on the day of the first fee being paid. You may cancel the subscription at any time, in which case it will expire at the end of the last paid 30-day period. A subscription that has not been paid is not valid. Due to the immediate nature of the Cora Music license (following provisions i Swedish law 2005:59 11§ 1), a paid subscription month is not refundable.
- When uploading a video containing music licensed through Cora Music, do not keep it in “private” status the two weeks. Keeping it in “private” status stops our systems from identifying it as a licensed video. Putting it in “unlisted” status is fine.
- The license does not include:
a)use in music videos, defined as videos where the purpose of the video is to present or illustrate the music;
b)use in vignettes, defined as a short segment systematically used to identify the video’s producer, the video as being part of a series etc. To be considered a vignette in this context, it has to have been used in the excess of 20 times.
c)use in bumpers, a short segment systematically used to divide parts of a video from each other. To be considered a bumper in this context, it has to have been used in the excess of 20 times.
d)use in advertising, as defined in the Consolidated ICC Code and interpreted by the Swedish Advertising Ombudsman (Reklamombudsmannen): all communication made on behalf of a third party against any kind of remuneration with the purpose of promoting goods or services for sale. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes both advertising made for advertising space and so-called branded content or branded entertainment.
e) use in videos produced as a part of, or for the purpose of, corporate communication.
- The recordings may not be used in any videos that violate Youtube’s Community Guidelines regulations against spam, deceptive practices, scams, nudity, sexual content, child safety, harmful or dangerous content, hate speech, harassment and cyberbullying. Also, the recordings may not be used in any videos that, while not violating the Youtube Community Guidelines, would disqualify the uploader from the Youtube Partner Program, for example content related to recreational drugs, tobacco, weapons or violence.
- The recordings may not be used in any manner that, purposefully or not, damages the reputation and good name of the associated artists, composers, record labels or music publishers, or reputation and good name of Cora Music or its owner STIM.
- It is forbidden to use the Cora Music recordings in any manner that is illegal according to Swedish law, the law in the country where you operate, or the law of California, United States (that regulates Youtube).
- Cora Music reserves its full right to determine at its discretion whether the use of a recording constitutes a violation of the above limitations, and you hereby undertake to accept Cora Music’s decision in this matter. If a user is determined to have violated the limitations severely, knowingly or repeatedly, Cora Music reserves the right to cancel that user’s subscription. Any videos violating the above limitations are to be considered unlicensed by Cora Music.
Intellectual property rights
- All recordings, images and metadata in the Cora Music service are protected by copyright and intellectual property rights of Cora Music or its suppliers. The subscription does not constitute any transfer of ownership of copyrights or intellectual property rights.
- The licenses given by the subscription may not be in any way transferred to a third party.
- The subscription grants you an authorization to use the recordings offered in the service and is conditioned by your undertaking to not to be in breach of any of the provisions in the Terms of Service.
By using Cora Music, you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service.
Law and Dispute Resolution
23. Swedish law applies to these Terms of Service. Any dispute arising out of these Terms of Service, or the breach or interpretation of these Terms of Service, shall be determined by Swedish general courts (SE: allmänna domstolar) where the district court of Stockholm (SE: Stockholms tingsrätt) shall be the first instance court.